Eligible students are encouraged to consider membership in the Lehigh University Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, the national Political Science Honor Society. Membership in the honor society has a number of benefits and may be helpful when seeking employment and admissions into graduate and law programs. Both undergraduate and graduate students can become members.
Undergraduate students must meet the following academic standards:
• Completion of at least half the credits required for a baccalaureate degree;
• Completion of at least 12 credits of work in Political Science, including at least one upper-division course (300-level);
• Must have a grade of B+ or higher in all courses in Political Science;
• Must have an overall grade point average in the top one-third of the class (e.g., junior or senior class) with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher (no rounding is allowed); and
• Transfer students may be eligible for membership if they meet the requirements above and have at least half of the requisite 12 credits in Political Science at Lehigh.
Graduate students must meet the following academic standards:
• Completion of at least 9 graduate credit hours in Political Science with no grade lower than an A-; and
• At least one of the courses making up the requisite 9 graduate credit hours must be a methods course.
Further information about Pi Sigma Alpha is available from Professor Fife at email@example.com and by visiting the Pi Sigma Alpha website.